Tyler’s Camp, SummerCollab’s middle school academy, offers Delaware’s rising 4th through 8th graders a unique summer experience. Each Tyler’s Camp location targets a wide variety of students by providing arts, hands-on technology, and athletic options, alongside targeted literacy support. With this, students have the opportunity to see growth in their motivation, self-esteem, critical thinking, leadership and entrepreneurial skills. T yler’s Camp Instructors are critical to students’ success, ensuring their capacity to access and meaningfully engage in high quality learning opportunities across disciplines.
Tyler’s Camp Instructors will execute curriculum in their discipline, in one hour block increments, four days a week, for groups of no more than ten students. Major responsibilities include:
- Proactively preparing lesson plans in the pre-season months for students.
- Executing instruction with fidelity while upholding best-practices in safety, behavior management, and camp culture.
- Working hand in hand with Tyler’s Camp leadership and camp counselors to ensure students have a positive and meaningful camp experience.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
SummerCollab is looking to hire qualified and experienced dance, music, athletics, technology, art, engineering, and other specialty skill instructors. Candidates should have a positive attitude, passion, patience and team orientation. Instructors should have the ability to engage all students in their area of expertise, and be willing to support students who may have a varying degree of ability and knowledge in their focus area.
Past courses at Tyler’s Camp have included:
- Dance (ballet, step, hip hop)
- Music (choir, music production, DJing, percussion)
- Sports (football, lacrosse, baseball, wrestling, field hockey, rowing)
- Technology (coding, robotics)
- Art (painting and crafts, graphic design)
- Carefully prepare for and execute specialty lessons with campers daily
- Secure course approval from Leadership Team prior to the start of camp and respond to feedback as needed
- Cultivate and uphold a culture of achievement through productive struggle in the classroom and throughout the program day
- Work closely with the counselors to ensure students are engaged and supported throughout each session
- Assist with arrival and dismissal of students as necessary
- Participate in all relevant trainings and meetings, both site-specific and network wide throughout the summer months