We envision a world filled with: Imaginative, confident young people who believe in their unique talents, intelligence and unlimited possibility.
We co-create youth programs that energize kids to love learning, play wildly, and believe in the power of their unique talents.
We are passionate, collaborative, and curious explorers.
We strive to be vulnerable, persistent, and inclusive learners.
We cultivate self-worth, self-discovery, and meaningful human connection.
Summer inequality contributes to a national crisis
Dramatically expanding learning and enrichment opportunities can change everything
Students in poverty often experience academic and cognitive lags driven by emotional and social challenges as well as acute and chronic stressors. Researchers have well documented the long-term and negative impact of these factors on academic achievement of low income youth and the need to combat that impact through enriching environments that meet the needs of the whole child. Today, community based institutions and schools across the country systematically offer food and recreational opportunities to low income students during afterschool hours and over the summer. More is needed. What if out-of-school time offered all kids an intentional culture of achievement, individualized instruction, and positive behavior support? What if summer and afterschool could help to transform the educational outcomes of our highest need students?
To meet the needs of schools and community partners through the following:
- Evidence based academic programming
- Staff who are passionate about working with young people
- Small group and 1:1 tutoring
- A safe and nurturing environment for under resourced middle schoolers
- Comprehensive staff training on trauma informed care and Social Emotional Learning through expert partners
- Continuing education credits for licensed child care providers
Since 2013, Summercollab has helped districts and community based organizations meet the rising demand for high quality Out of School Time programs by:
- Building the school community bridge: Engaging families, fostering relationships, and recognizing and promoting attendance to build positive school habits.
- Lowering barriers to participatio: Providing transportation and no-cost programs to families in need.
- Supporting the whole child: Using evidence based approaches to foster healthy social and emotional development and academic success.
We’re making a difference
As a result of our efforts, SummerCollab helped learning loss for 2,000 low-income students in Delaware. Rather than losing up to four months of reading competencies, our partnering agencies posted average reading gains of nearly four months of growth. View Our Results