Tyler’s Camp, SummerCollab’s middle school academy, offers Delaware’s rising 4th through 8th graders a unique summer experience. Each Tyler’s Camp location targets a wide variety of students by providing arts, hands-on technology, and athletic options, alongside targeted literacy support. With this, students have the opportunity to see growth in their motivation, self-esteem, critical thinking, leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
The Strive Instructor is a leader in social-emotional learning and leadership. As the Strive Instructor, major responsibilities include:
- Participate in a required teacher training in late June.
- Teach 2 daily blocks of our Social Emotional & Leadership Class (SELC), 4 days/week. (Each class = 45 minutes.)
- Collaborate effectively with Tyler’s Camp Counselors.
- Communicate effectively with Tyler’s Camp Counselors, Directors and Deans.
- Assist with course evaluation process and participate in weekly curriculum review as requested.
Candidates need to possess proven experience in:
- Teaching/working with middle school youth – at least two years preferred.
- Teaching/working with low-income youth – at least two years preferred.
- Building an engaging and positive classroom culture with clear and high expectations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree — graduate or professional degree is preferred.
- A strong sense of integrity, professionalism and responsibility.
- A strong work ethic with high expectations of self and a team-first mentality.
- At least a solid level of exposure to, interest in and understanding of, social-emotional learning.
- Grit — positive energy, an openness to feedback, flexibility, resilience and stamina.
- Patience and empathy.
- A definitive interest in a career serving young people.
- All legal employment requirements.
- Other core competencies needed to effectively fulfill the position’s responsibilities.
For more information, contact email@example.com