Tyler’s Camp, SummerCollab’s middle school academy, offers Delaware’s rising 4th through 8th graders a unique summer experience. Each Tyler’s Camp location targets a wide variety of students by providing arts, hands-on technology, and athletic options, alongside targeted literacy support. With this, students have the opportunity to see growth in their motivation, self-esteem, critical thinking, leadership and entrepreneurial skills. The role of the Dean of Students is to ensure all participants maneuver the program day successfully, while feeling safe and supported during their summer experience.
The Tyler’s Camp Dean of Students will serve as the behavior expert on site at one of the Colonial Tyler’s Camp locations. As the Dean of Students, major responsibilities include:
- Developing, maintaining, and refining site-wide positive behavior management systems
- Creating appropriate interventions for student behavior needs
- Collecting, tracking, and analyzing behavioral data to determine effectiveness of systems and Interventions
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
SummerCollab is seeking proactive, flexible problem-solvers with the desire and passion to help
students reach their greatest potential. The ideal candidate loves working with children and
possesses expertise in behavior intervention strategies, as well as the ability to address behavioral concerns effectively and with emotional constancy. Candidates should have three years of experience working with students in a school setting or similar background. He/she should possess the critical thinking skills necessary to develop supports for students with a variety of behavioral needs, and review these strategies with team members. A counseling or therapeutic background is preferred, as well as experience providing trauma-informed care or instruction with children in grades 5-8. Bilingual (Spanish and English) candidates preferred.
January – May (approximately 20 hours/month) (preseason hourly rate: $20/hr)
- Work with the Camp Leader and SummerCollab Tyler’s Camp team to develop a behavior
system, process, and culture system
- Design and execute trainings as needed to ensure all staff learn and abide by behavior system needs and norms
- Develop a tracking system for behavior intervention progress.
June – August (approximately 35 hours/week) (camp hourly rate: $29/hr)
- Serve as the point person for all staff during the summer related to any student behavioral
needs as they arise and work directly with students who require additional proactive or responsive supports
- Hold staff accountable in the summer and execute feedback as needed to staff to ensure
behavior and culture system norms are upheld
- Report all behavior challenges/ issues to leadership team in accordance with requirements
- Create system of communication with parents to address student behavior strengths and
- Track student attendance