SummerCollab is a nationally recognized program that transforms educational outcomes for low-income children. By equipping community-based institutions and schools with the curricular, academic, and organizational resources, community agencies execute extraordinary summer learning programs. We employ and train top teachers, high school and college students to help them do it. In 2017, SummerCollab received the National Summer Learning Association’s Excellence Award for its innovative and impactful approach to making summer smarter.
SummerCollab focuses intensively on summer learning because leading education researchers today point to the summer opportunity gap as a key cause of the achievement gap. To be precise, two thirds of the achievement gap is attributable to summer learning inequity. To solve this problem, SummerCollab specializes in empowering community based agencies to execute high quality summer learning programs.
Last year, SummerCollab helped nearly 2,000 kids reverse learning loss in reading comprehension, phonics and word recognition. This year, we will aim higher. Through our alliances with nearly 40 community partners, cultural institutions and schools, we will engage Delaware’s highest need youth in dynamic, effective learning institutions that meet precise literacy deficits, grow critical thinking skills, and deepen sense of self. With your help, Delaware’s highest-needs kids will explore, learn, and grow during the summertime.
The Program Dean is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations at a specific site. The Program Dean ensures that the vision and mission set by the Camp Leader and Program Coach is executed with fidelity throughout the summer months. In order to manage this effectively, the Program Dean will work with the Camp Leader and Program Coach in the pre-season (March-June) to design systems that will drive a high quality, engaging learning environment. This will include reading and behavior systems that align to the specific needs of their camp. While SummerCollab’s Program Coach will be primarily responsible for the design of programmatic systems, as well as the project plan, The Program Dean will become accountable as the leader driving implementation of these systems over the summer. Systems may include: curricular, behavioral, data assessment, performance management, cultural, and logistical systems.
As a manager, the Program Dean is responsible for observing and providing feedback to staff including Teacher Counselors, Counselors, Reading Corp members and Behavior Deans. The Program Dean will examine the day-to-day progress of the camp and make strategic decisions to ensure that the program is moving according to plan, constantly reviewing and assessing summer progress.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
SummerCollab is seeking organized problem-solvers who excel as leaders and are able to make informed, split-second decisions. Candidates should be able to manage and execute a range of tasks with fidelity while maintaining a positive, professional attitude. The ideal candidate for this position should have at least three years of experience in the field of education, and the experience/desire to manage a team of adults. Candidates for this position should have a strong passion for supporting both staff and students, as well as the ability to communicate effectively. He/she should be adaptive to work in a fast paced environment and possess the ability to provide specific, achievable feedback to staff to facilitate growth.
Preseason March – June
● Attend and actively participate in all relevant training sessions, including winter, spring, and summer convenings
● Attend planning meetings with Program Coach and Camp Director to align vision and mission for the camp
● Work collaboratively with the Program Coach and Camp Leader to develop literacy and behavioral systems that encompass the specific needs of the camp
● Develop necessary organizational structures, and performance management standards, for the camp to ensure smooth day-to-day operations in summer season.
● In partnership with Program Coach and Camp Leaders, conduct group and individualized orientation and training sessions with staff members (Teacher Counselors, Counselors, Reading Corp members, Behavior Deans) in order to align staff goals to the camp vision prior to start of camp.
Summer Season June – August
● Oversee the day-to-day operations of the camp including curriculum implementation, behavior management, and organizational structures
● Ensure that camp schedule, assessment, performance management standards, curriculum, behavioral, and other priority systems are implemented with fidelity, in alignment with pre-season planning; troubleshoot issues proactively that may arise
● Develop a system to track the efficacy and progress of the behavior systems and curricular execution throughout the summer
● Review data weekly and make immediate, informed decisions to facilitate the growth of the camp
● Observe staff members and provide effective, achievable feedback in a timely manner
● Conduct weekly meetings with leadership team to address concerns and implement responsive action steps; communicate proactively with SummerCollab Program Coach and Leadership Team as challenges emerge.
For more information, contact Jobs@summercollab.com