SummerCollab specializes in empowering community-based agencies to execute high quality summer learning programs. Through intentional interviewing, quality training and precise placement, our team members are equipped to work with our partner sites to bring more choices and more chances to children in the state of Delaware during the summer months. Two thirds of the achievement gap is attributable to summer learning inequity. With your help, we can Make Summer Smarter.
Tyler’s Camp, SummerCollab’s middle school academy, offers Delaware’s rising 4th through 8th graders a unique summer experience. Each Tyler’s Camp location targets a wide variety of students by providing arts, hands-on technology, and athletic options, alongside targeted literacy support. With this, students have the opportunity to see growth in their motivation, self-esteem, critical thinking, leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
During the summertime the camp environment is fast-paced. Camp programming features an array of moving parts and demands, from curriculum and supplies to the learning space and transitions that take place throughout the day. The Operations Specialist is an essential member of the site team. Major responsibilities of the Operations Specialist are as follows:
- Develop and maintain a streamlined organizational system onsite for all supplies related to courses and curriculum
- Support the day to day work of site leadership
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
SummerCollab seeks to hire self-motivated, proactive and flexible individuals for the Operations Specialist position. Candidates must demonstrate strong organizational, time-management and communication skills. He/she will possess the critical thinking and problem solving skills necessary to adapt and react to the day-to-day operations of a fast-paced environment. Experience with data tracking is preferred, as well as proficiency with Google Drive. All candidates must be at least 16 years of age. Preference given to candidates living in the city of Wilmington.
April – June (approximately 20 hours)
- Attend and actively participate in all relevant onboarding and training sessions
- Establish clear line and cadence of communication with your site leadership
- Review and gain a clear understanding of site-based programming and curricula
- Other duties as assigned
June – August (approximately 28 hours/week)
- Assist Instructors with classroom setup and breakdown of supplies
- Participate in weekly meetings with Instructors and site leadership to align on needs
- Support site leadership in site-wide data tracking (i.e. camper daily attendance)
- Other duties as assigned